Newcastle Now needs you!
Newcastle Now is undertaking a special data collection project where we will be working with our volunteer City Ambassadors to obtain contact details for every business located in the Newcastle City Centre.
There are an estimated 2500 to 3000 businesses in the CBD and this information will assist in helping us to get an understanding of building occupancy rates, service types and important details such as online contact information.
This project is being coordinated by Natasha Lumley, who has recently moved to Newcastle from Cairns and has previous experience coordinating data collection for CETV / Austar.
“It is estimated that the project will take eight weeks and we have a team of 12 volunteers who will work in pairs starting in the East End through to Darby Street, the Civic Precinct, West End and finally finishing at Honeysuckle,” says Natasha.
“If you see a Newcastle Now volunteer walk through your door please make them feel welcome. In most cases, all we will require is a business card and of course, if you have any questions just ask.”
Newcastle Now has recently restructured its membership program so that all businesses in the city centre automatically qualify to be a Precinct Member, which is free, and can enjoy some of the many member benefits including but not limited to:
- A free business listing on the Newcastle Now website are
- Member Advocacy Support – we’re about to embark on a revolutionary parking program
- Access to our Business to Business support program where we aim to keep dollars in the city
- Business promotion via our City Ambassadors where ‘word of mouth goes a long way’
- The option to join our Group Buying Program to save money on utility services such as electricity
- A monthly member email newsletter to keep up to date with City Centre projects, campaigns, and business improvement initiatives
As part of the project, we plan to invite all businesses to activate their membership so that we can begin to make a dramatic difference to business conditions in the city centre.
For example, our Group Buying Program relies on a minimum of 200 organisations to register so that a competitive cost can be negotiated with an electricity provider.
Collection Plan Dates
- East End – 18 – 22 July
- Darby Street – 25 – 29 July
- Civic Precinct – 1 – 5 August
- West End – 8 – 12 August
- Honeysuckle – 22 – 26 August
Enquiries can be directed to Natasha Lumley on P 4929 4644 or send us an email