And we’re not just talking about the impact that the virtual reality experience of jumping off a skyscraper had on members.
We held one of our most popular events of the year, our HYP Launch, last Thursday at the new VRPX Studio in Newcastle where attendees were treated to a complete sensory experience.
Wine was flowing thanks to Ernest Hill, the virtual experience was certainly something we’d all love to try again and the speakers have left a huge impact on us professionally and personally.
If you were one of the 100 that booked your ticket early before it sold out, we hope you enjoyed the PechaKucha style presentations from Economist Greg McKenna, Founder of Doughheads Anna Farthing, and Marketing Guru for the Newcastle Airport Rebecca Wilson.
Some of the advice and insights that the three shared on the evening and that you may have become privy to through our Twitter feed, included:
- Life isn’t about being perfect! It’s about the lessons learned along the journey – Anna.
- You won’t achieve if you wait for things to turn up at your door. Go out there and make it happen – Anna.
- Actively seek out mentors who are completely removed from your situation – Rebecca.
- Know your audience, know your key messages and clean up your online self – Rebecca.
- Take charge, the future is bright – Greg.
- Education is software for the brain – Greg.
The first HYP event of the year wrapped up with doughnuts, virtual fruit ninja and some seriously inspiring takeaways to drive us to make an impact on ourselves and the world around us.
See you all again at our next event – an exclusive VIP experience at the Newcastle Jets.
Missed the event? Watch the video to feel like you were there:
Video by Matthew Nelson Videography.