John Pirlo, Owner of Genesis Fitness Clubs NSW, Caretrac Activity Network and the Institute, has delivered workshops and business presentations all over the world on topics such as physical activity, business development and work/life balance. On September 4th, 2013, we were lucky enough to have him present at our “Breakfast by the beach” seminar at Noah’s on the beach, Newcastle.
These words rang true for many in the audience “We work too long to buy things we don’t need to impress people we don’t even like”. Because we are so connected to work through our emails (often connected to our phones), SMS, Linkedin and even Facebook, it’s important to set clear boundaries so we don’t allow work to encroach our personal life.
Everyone’s idea of a work life balance is different, but the one constant need for all is exercise. Why?
- exercise makes you more alert, productive and energetic
- it reduces stress and makes you more efficient
- 30 mins, 2-3 times per week is enough to stimulate a positive attitude that can motivate you
- people think that they need to exercise more often than they can make time for but the reality is 1-2 days a week is better than no days in a week
So what can we do to manage the competing professional, personal and social demands in your life?
- Make time for personal activities
- Set some clear boundaries
- Drop the energy suckers!
- Get active
- Plan a little relaxation
Most importantly, don’t wait until it’s too late. Now is the time to be enjoying life!
Check out all the photos from the event at our gallery on Facebook here